2013 Advocacy Conference
Archbishop Mitty Advocacy students are proud to host a Leadership Conference this upcoming February 2, 2013 for Catholic High School students in the Archdiocese of San Francisco and Diocese of San Jose. The aim of this conference is to provide Bay Area Catholic students with the opportunity to collaborate and receive training on how to work with your legislators on issues pertinent to your community and Catholic Social Teaching.
What do I need to attend?
- To be eligible you must attend an Archdiocesan of San Francisco or Diocese of San Jose High School.
- Form a group of 5 or more students (for workshop training).
- An adult staff member or teacher employed at your school.
- Register your group in advance LINK
- $10/person for registration
- February 2, 2013 (tentative schedule below)
- Location: Archbishop Mitty H.S.
- Cost: $10 per person
- Registration LINK
Sample Schedule: (Tentative)
9:30 a.m. Registration Foyer
10:30 a.m. Prayer Service Chapel
11:00 a.m. Welcome Monarch Room
11:20 a.m. Breakout Session 1 400 Wing
12:00 p.m. Lunch/Social Monarch Room
12:45 p.m. Breakout Session 2 400 Wing rooms
1:30 p.m. Closing/Thank you Chapel
- Nonviolent conflict resolution with Diocesan Legislative leader
- How to conduct a legislative meeting with senior aide from Lofgren’s office.
- Human Trafficking research and public awareness development
- Advocacy 101: A-Z tutorial on getting started on your campus
If you have additional questions or would like to volunteer to participate in this year’s conference, please contact the Advocacy Coordinator, Michael Accorsi at email@example.com or call (408) 342-4389. We look forward to seeing you – thank you!