2014 Advocacy Conference
Archbishop Mitty Advocacy students are proud to host a Leadership Conference this upcoming February 8, 2014 for Catholic High School students in the Archdiocese of San Francisco and Diocese of San Jose. The aim of this conference is to provide Bay Area Catholic students with the opportunity to collaborate and receive training on how to work with your legislators on issues pertinent to your community and Catholic Social Teaching.
What do I need to attend?
- To be eligible you must attend an Archdiocesan of San Francisco or Diocese of San Jose High School.
- Form a group of 5 or more students (for workshop training).
- An adult staff member or teacher employed at your school.
- Register your group in advance by emailing Advocacy Coordinator Michael Accorsi at email@example.com
- $5/person for registration
- February 8, 2014
- Location: Archbishop Mitty H.S.
- Cost: $5 per person
- Registration LINK
Schedule of Events:
9:30 a.m. Registration Foyer
10:00 a.m. Prayer Service Chapel
10:20 a.m. Welcome/Networking Monarch Room
10:40 a.m. Breakout Session 1 400 Wing
11:20 p.m. Lunch/Social Monarch Room
11:50 p.m. Breakout Session 2 400 Wing rooms
12:30 p.m. Closing/Thank you Chapel
- Higher Education Costs and impact on students
- Managing Student Issues: Student stress, social media, and peer pressure
- Advocacy 101: A-Z tutorial on getting started on your campus
- Criminal Justice Reform: Rethinking America’s Criminal Justice system
See photographs from the 2013 Leadership Conference.
If you have additional questions or would like to volunteer to participate in this year’s conference, please contact the Advocacy Coordinator, Michael Accorsi at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 342-4389. We look forward to seeing you – thank you!