Over the past six years students at Archbishop Mitty High School have taken on combatting Human Trafficking as part of their Mitty Advocacy Project. Over six bills have been signed into law to protect victims of trafficking and intensify laws against traffickers.
Perhaps the most significant measure is through developing public awareness. It’s unfortunate, but traffickers are present an active in San Jose. By informing and discussing the issue, we can make Human Trafficking a thing of the past.
What can you do?:
– visit http://www.slaverymap.org
– pick up Human Trafficking posters and signs from San Jose Police department
– Start talking about it with your community, especially youth
– Encourage and educate young people to be secure and proactive online
– Write and visit your legislators to foster support for legislation against Human Trafficking.